Hire Devon As Your Keynote Speaker
Next Gen Negotiation
Negotiation makes sure that no money is left on the table, that no resources are wasted and gets sustainable results. It’s far too important to your business have it done poorly. Unfortunately, it's fraught with difficulty, stress and for your employees it feels like chore. Changing the way that your employees engage as negotiators has the power to transform culture in order to fully support your company’s vision.
In the Next Gen Negotiation keynote speech you will...
- Discover how the classic competitive style of negotiation is costing your organization revenue, reputation and relationships
- Uncover how creative collaborative negotiation builds relationships with clients while increasing your bottom and top line.
- Learn how to create a culture of negotiation so that team members build leadership and influence skills while asking for the support they need to realize your company’s vision.
- Master two small actions that your leaders can take back to support their teams in building their confidence as efficient and healthy negotiators.
Other Keynote Topics Include
Human Touch: Why technology won't save your negotiations
Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Workplace 4.0. All wonderful. All sexy. All things that aren't going to save your negotiations.
In this keynote I challenge the belief that technology and innovation = improved business results, and share the core skills your teams are going to need to ensure they're embracing tech as a tool, rather than a crutch.
Devon Smiley is a Negotiation Consultant & Speaker with 15 years of experience with Forbes’ finest and small business alike. She closed $5 billion of commercial contracts as a lead negotiator. She brings this experience to organizations that are focused on securing strong commercial results without sacrificing relationships.
As a speaker, Devon’s dynamic style and best-in-class expertise ensure that audiences leave with a new perspective on what it means to be a great negotiator, increased motivation to make their ask, and the tools they need to take action immediately. Through her keynotes and masterclasses, Devon has helped teams across manufacturing, aerospace, legal, financial and consumer goods markets learn how to expand their margins, increase operational efficiencies and cultivate strong relationships with partners throughout the value chain.
Devon’s global consultancy also includes work with small businesses and startups, and Devon contributes as mentor and advisor for programs including Startup Bootcamp FinTech NYC, and Startup Canada. Her insights on negotiation have been featured in Glamour magazine and the Chicago Tribune.
A strong believer that negotiation benefits more than just the bottomline, Devon is honoured to work with pro bono partners including The Clinton Foundation and UN Women to lead negotiation skills training for their teams and communities.
'Devon conducted an excellent negotiations training session for our staff that was dynamic, engaging, and imparted immediately implementable skills to the workshop participants. We greatly benefitted from Devon’s world-class expertise in negotiations and are grateful for the new skills learned.'
- Ricardo A. Castro, General Counsel, Clinton Foundation
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the keynote?
Approximately 45 minutes. Masterclasses of 1.5- or 3-hours are also available.
What are your AV and Staging requirements?
I have a laptop computer and I can also provide the presentation on a jump drive. Additional equipment is listed below:
- Advance mechanism (to advance the slides remotely)
- Data projector (DLP or LCD)
- Standard rolling AV cart (if needed)
- Wireless lapel microphone
- Handheld microphone if wireless lapel mic is not available.
- All necessary connecting cables.
- Please consider lighting in advance to ensure the presentation is easily visible to the audience.
What are your speaking fees?
Please e-mail devon [at] devonsmiley.com or use the contact form below for a fee quote. A 50% deposit is required to secure booking dates. A flat rate travel fee will be included in the quotation.